Links




Banner

December 03, 2017

3rd Grade "Cat Art" in the style of Laurel Birch


      
Laurel Birch's Art
If you haven't watched the "30 Minute Interview" with Laurel Birch, I highly recommend you do. It will change your whole perspective about triumph through adversity. Her outlook on life and her story is inspirational to say the least. 
- Just click on the link: Laurel Birch to view.

This lesson is great because it can be done with a variety of different medium. I chose this time to use oil, fluorescent and metallic pastels to really make the colors of their cats pop. You could use almost anything with this design (construction paper, paint, etc...).  

This lesson teaches a variety of things: 
Portraits
Symmetry - Balance
Line, Shape, Color, Space, Texture, etc...

Brain Pop has a great video you can use when teaching/introducing students to portraits. 

I also have a game in my TPT Shoppe on "subject matter" and "purposes of art" that I use with the students (click on the link). I believe it's important to connect these things together when teaching art concepts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment