Links




Banner

February 07, 2020

Tim Burton inspired
"Self-Portraits"


Probably one of my all time favorite artists is Tim Burton. And I'm so excited to share this 5th grade lesson inspired by his art and movie "Frankenweenie". 
©Tim Burton movie "Fankenweenie"







The black and white characters make for some fun and interesting conversations and works of art. 

I have always wanted to use tinted paper but never really liked the look of the things that were drawn on it. But I have to say this worked out perfect for this lesson. And, if you knew some of these students...their pieces actually have characteristics like they are in real life, lol. And, not to mention the conversations they had while making them. 

I'll post and link this lesson with resources soon. I'm still fine tuning it. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment