Links




Banner

December 14, 2020

"Grumpy Monkey" Portraits



I just love finding great books to teach with art lessons. And to top it off, this book is great when adding in emotions to artwork. When these are complete, they are absolutely hilarious and adorable. 

2nd Grade "Grumpy Monkey"
There are tons of "Read-A-Louds" on YouTube of this book. I of course always purchase the book and I read this aloud to my students. But have included a read-a-loud in my lesson. 

We discuss EMOTIONS and COLOR and how they can make a person feel when looking at art. I also like to introduce them to other works of art that portray emotions and we discuss them before starting this lesson. 

When designing art projects, I try to be creative with technique & medium. This one is fun because they CAN NOT use a paintbrush to paint with. The kids LOVE it!  


I love this little video of a student painting her artwork, lol:) 

Check out this lesson on my TPT shoppe:) "Art is My Jam"!




No comments:

Post a Comment