Links




Banner

January 11, 2016





...I love the spirals and colors that can be seen in Hundertwasser's art work! I would love to see one of his buildings in real life, I bet it's AMAZING! I purchased his book "Hundertwasser for Kids". This is a fun book that can be used to do a variety of lessons and activities with your students. One of my favorites was "creating an artist name...". This was a great activity for introducing and teaching the concept of a signature and creating an artistic name. I think mine would be: Daisy Laughing Hippy!


Using the idea from one of his works of art (pictured above), I created a lesson that put a different twist or should I say "spiral" on the typical still life. This lesson was perfect and my students came up with some creative ideas on how to create their flowers and vases. This would also be great for teaching patterns to younger students. 


This step-by-step lesson along with examples, ways to include it into other subjects, etc... can be purchased individually or in my art book "The Creative Classroom". I offer my book on TPT, Amazon and LuLu and can be found: digitally, as a printed spiral bound hard copy and/or as a non-spiral bound hard copy (just click on the link to find which version works best for you and your needs as a teacher). My book and art lessons are created in color with tons of illustrations and photos to make creating art a breeze with your students. 

And you can always email or message me with questions or anything else you might need. I hope you will enjoy teaching these art lessons as much as I enjoyed creating them.



No comments:

Post a Comment