Links




Banner

April 14, 2019


Classroom Layout/Setup


Love having photos of the students work in action! 

One thing I've learned is, classroom layout is so important when teaching. It was fun redesigning my classroom for PLTW and I love how things turned out. I'm constantly re-evaluating the design and moving things to make it work for my students. Here's a few tips:



1. Make sure you have an area where kids can come together without distractions. Such as a carpet area. This was so huge for me especially since I have a computer lab as my classroom.
2. Because I teach every student within the school, each student has a 3-prong folder that I keep in the class. Inside their folders are:
 • username/passwords to every program we use for easy access. 
 • launch logs (PLTW) and graph paper for drawing, notes, etc... 

3. Flexible seating if at all possible. I have regular chairs, rockers and cubes for students to choose from. 

4. Designated supply areas.

I hope these images help anyone trying to come of with classroom layout ideas. I'll post more as I do new things and come up with other ideas. 







No comments:

Post a Comment