Links




Banner

July 27, 2019

YouTube Videos
How I use YouTube for all my expectations, procedures and lessons.


I've written about organization and set-up a few times because I'm a huge believer in having your room organized. One thing I've been doing since I started teaching is creating short videos, slideshows or use photos to show students expectations and procedures in the art room. 


  • One reason I started this is because they really like watching a video better than listening to me talk. Keep it short and sweet.
  • Second, as an art teacher you repeat things to a ton of different classes and this helps with the "broken record" phobia, lol. 
  • Third, you can use the time during the video (while it's playing) to set things ups, hand out supplies, monitor students, etc... and keep the flow of the class going. 
  • Lastly, the videos can be paused and replayed easily by you or your students. Great for using with students who need a refresher, who were absent and who need that extra time to see how something is done. 

Here's just one of my simplier videos that I use to help with "hand washing" because we know the sink area can be crazy without expectations and proedures in place. 

My YouTube channel is "private" for the most part. I hope to upload some videos soon of lessons that I've created and use in my art room. You can always check out the printed versions in my TPT Shoppe "Art is My Jam"! Enjoy :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment