Links




Banner

September 30, 2017

Learning About Lines
Teaching the elements of art to younger students can get mundane, so I try to incorporate books, songs, videos and poems into my art lessons. 


One cute poem I use was inspired by another art teacher, but I altered it to include more line types. My Kindergarteners and 1st graders love it. 

Lines Poster (click here to see poster)

I start by having students repeat after me each section of the poem so they can learn it. As I'm reading it, I use hand movements to replicate the different lines. It's so fun because soon the kids start doing the same thing. They learn so fast and they love seeing the snake at the end.  



Lines that the poem includes are:

Vertical
Diagonal
Horizontal
Curvy
Zig Zag
Wavy
Angle


No comments:

Post a Comment