Links




Banner

November 05, 2017

Curriculum/Lesson Planning



Sometimes it can be hard to decide what art projects to teach because there are so many that I love, LOL. Here's a basic outline of part of my 5th Grade curriculum. 

I outline my art lessons so I can be sure to order the correct & enough supplies for the school year. Although I try to do one big order, I almost always do a second order as the year gets closer to the end. Art teachers use a lot of supplies that are consumable so it's important to plan ahead. Always order a little more of the basic supplies than you think you will need. The basics, like white and black construction paper, markers, etc... go faster than you'd expect. 

When I'm designing my curriculum, I usually start outlining my curriculum with the basics - subject matter and purposes in art. I make sure that I include both 2-D and 3-D lessons. Then I create a project around each of them. I also try to use a variety of different medium so students get to experience different techniques/materials.

Lesson Ideas:

1. Portrait
2. Still Life
3. Landscape
4. Functional
5. Ceremonial
6. Expressive
7. Narrative

Medium Ideas:

1. Oil Pastels
2. Chalk Pastels
3. Paint - tempera or acryllics
4. Weaving/Fabric Arts
5. Clay
6. Watercolors
7. Paper Maché or Plaster
Etc...

I have a variety of lessons in my book "The Creative Classroom" and even more posted in my TPT Shoppe.





No comments:

Post a Comment