Links




Banner

January 08, 2018

Pablo Picasso 4th Grade Rooster Portraits

"Roosters" Pablo Picasso Style


Art by Pablo Picasso
If you have access to Brain Pop, Jr., I recommend using the site to introduce students to the art work and artist Pablo Picasso (https://jr.brainpop.com).  The print (to the left) is of Picasso's original that I based this project on. Love all the bright colors. 


4th Grade Student Examples
This lesson is a good change from the basic Picasso portrait lessons that you might normally do with students. You can teach this lesson using a variety of different mediums and concepts. I chose watercolors and oil pastels because I wanted to introduce the concepts of analogous and complimentary colors to students. 

Portraits - artwork of a person, animal and/or both a person and animal.  


Lesson Basics: 
- Portraits - Brain Pop has a great video you can use when teaching/introducing students to portraits. 
- Elements and Principals of Art - Line, Shape, Texture, etc...
- Color - Analogous and Complimentary (Check out my color wheel posters that I use when teaching these concepts. Just click on "color wheel posters" in purple above
- Medium - Oil Pastels and Watercolors



If you'd like to see step-by-step directions and lessons on my art projects, check out my Teachers Pay Teachers Shoppe. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Clauses-Creative-Classroom
I love creating new art projects for my students and am happy to share my passion with others. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment