Links




Banner

October 15, 2017

5th Grade Taxi's featuring Artist "Red Grooms"
Whenever I'm designing art curriculum, I try to incorporate a variety of artists. Ones that my students might not have heard of along with one's like Van Gogh, Michelangelo, etc... It's nice to pull some that are different and create new lessons. 

This lesson is one of those lessons and you can find the whole lesson in my TPT shoppe. I had this in mind when I was designing, writing and creating this lesson. 


I also try to find books to use that help guide my lessons. I found this one and use it because it helps give students a little background knowledge of New York City life.  The book is called "My Taxi Ride" by Jennifer Swender & Paul Jacobs. It's cute because it rhymes, too. The illustrations are also very fun and colorful. 

My 5th Grade Bulletin Board - love their art!

If you have a subscription to Scholastic Magazines ART, they have a great issue about Red Grooms that's perfect to share with your students. 




No comments:

Post a Comment