Links




Banner

October 14, 2017


Organization - "Art Room"

As an art teacher, it's hard to keep things organized and we collect most everything. But, take the time to organize. It not only makes life easier for you, it shows your students respect for the supplies and things they will be using. Part of teaching great art concepts is teaching how to respect and use the medium at hand. 

Just a few tips that might help new art teachers:

1. Use clear containers to keep things organized because you can see what's in them.

2. Label containers in a way that you can change or replace the labels as you need to. I use colored tape and chalkboard stickers (they wipe off with water).

3. Keep like things together in cabinets. For example: markers, crayons and colored pencils. Adhesive products such as glue, tape. Etc...

4. Keep your closet organized with like items. For example: I keep all my weaving materials together. I keep all clay making things together. I keep all painting materials together. Etc...

5. Organize the art room in which supplies are spread out a little. For example I keep one area for pencils and erasers. Then another area of the classroom for markers, crayons, colored pencils, glue and scissors. These things we use often so they are out all the time. I also have them in buckets so kids can grab a bucket and go back to their tables. It helps with traffic flow. These areas are always away from medium that is used as needed.

6. Make sure to label things that students might get confused as to where they need to be placed when finished with.


Here are a few photos of my room this year. Keep in mind I change things around as needed or if I feel it's not the best layout for my students.


Overall Classroom View
Labels so students know
where to place things
when finished
Example of how I organize items used often
Colored bins for each grade level



No comments:

Post a Comment