Links




Banner

October 18, 2017

Kindergarten Art featuring Artist "Piet Mondrian"
Composition II in Red, Blue & Yellow, 1930

Whenever I introduce Kindergarteners to the color wheel and elements of art, I do it in steps. I start with the primary colors (red, yellow and blue) and who better to use than Piet Mondrian. I love the simplicity of his primary color works of art. 

This lesson is a great lesson. because it introduces the following concepts and is a start to the elements of art. 


Example #1

Elements of Art:

Example #2 (student art)
1. Lines - introduce vertical and horizontal lines.

2. Color - Primary Colors (Red, Yellow and Blue).

3. Shape - Squares and Rectangles. 

4. Texture - the thick painted lines. 

When doing this lesson students are using atypical medium, such as cardboard to paint with and oil pastels. I do this so I can teach them how to use a variety of medium and that you can paint, etc... with other things beside paint brushes. 

It's also a great way to introduce a variety of new art terms. 

Here's some great photos of Kindergarteners in action...


Artists of the Month

Congats to Riley, Zella, Ela, Catherine, Jenna, Caroline, Helen, Will, Sadie, Nell and Carmen for being added to my "Artists of the Month" Bulletinboard! Way to Go! :)








  

No comments:

Post a Comment